Shopping The Frugal Way

Last week I decided to hit a few grocery stores and purchase only the items that were on sale. Now when I say on sale, I don't mean saving a dime to fifty cents. I mean on sale !!! Those items that are used and offered at bonanza prices to get you to come to the store only to purchase those items and spend another $50.00 plus dollars on other items.

As I walked the store, I kept my eye's on prices, looking for sale prices while overlooking the many other items. I can't say that it was easy considering all the items on the shelves, plus the strategic marketing applied and yes they know how to market those items to get you to buy them.

The end result was that I spend just a tad over $29.00 and saved just a tad over $30.00. Not bad as I walked out of the store with over $50.00 worth of groceries for $29.00.

I then hit another grocery store and did the same thing. The end result at that store was that I spend $49.00 and some change and only saved $19.00.

So why the major saving with less money spent and less savings with more money spent. That's easy, my wife went with me to the second store.

Regardless, you can save some major dollars the frugal way.